Monday, August 18, 2008




Hello Everyone, I have been getting a lot of grief for not updating the blog sooner. I will try to be better about keeping everyone informed as things move along. I have included a few pictures of the boat and the kids raising the 120 pound anchor on our trip to the islands. Let me go back. The last post had the guys leaving Mazatlan an having engine problems on the second day out. The water pump(which pumps sea water into the engine to help keep it cool) went out and they were forced to sail for two days. I got a cell phone call 30 miles outside of la Paz and found out they needed an impeller for the water pump. Tom, from Callisto, ran all over town and came up with the part that was needed. He then passed the part off to our friends Slade, Jimmy, and Simon, who then drove the part out, in Simon's panga, to the boat, as it was nearing La Paz. There was a lot of high fives and some beer drinking when the part got to the boat. They spent the night just outside of town to get the water pump rebuilt and then headed into La Paz the next morning and was anchored up next to new Sunbreak by lunch! It was very exciting and the guys were tired but happy!!!! WE were able to turn around almost immediately and take Vltava out to the islands for a few days, with the kids. We had all the sails up for two days running and had a blast getting to know the boat a little bit. The kids an I will be in the states visiting family for the next month so it will be easer to update the blog from there. I will post more pictures when I get east. I will also have all the pictures, some movies made by Will, and all the dreams with me so I'd love to share it all with whomever I run into. Just ask!!!!!! Thanks, Allison

No comments: